Saturday, September 28, 2013

days like this

On days like this-- when it is bitter cold outside and the sky looks ominous and gray-- all I want to do is curl up and eat some soup.  So I did.  I had a really good bowl of torilla soup from the Creamery on 9th.  After that, I decided to look at pictures of really beautiful places and make myself sick with jealousy over the fact that I wasn't there at that very moment.  Here are some of the scapes I was living through.











And that's when I realized that wishing I was somewhere else would only bring me unhappiness.  Because fantasizing and romanticizing a foreign place isn't going to change anything.  So I got out of bed and went for a walk.  And you know what happened?  I found beauty in the place that I am at RIGHT NOW.  The present was made beautiful, just because I was looking for it.  Pretty cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment