Monday, October 14, 2013

The Killers, Billy Joel, and that's all

So I'm sitting in the JSB just waiting to go to my next class.  I always look forward to this hour I have to chill here (literally chill... this building is freezing).  And right now I am just watching tired, content faces while listening to The Killers radio on Pandora.

--hold on right now while i pause to change the song

Okay now that Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand is playing... you have my full attention.

I'm going to my Conflict Resolution class in ten minutes.  It's one of my favorite classes; I always leave feeling happy and having gained so much insight into myself.  It's a good class for self-reflection.

--this song is making me want to be on Senior Trip in Newport... good beat and a beachy touch w/ a little hard rock goin on.

Back to Conflict Resolution... It's all about learning how to see others as people that are equal in worth to ourselves.  Rather than seeing others as objects or obstacles, I am working on always making others feel special.  It's a life-long process, but I realize that everyone I look up to is good at this particular thing.

--oh... switched to Billy Joel Radio.  My Life is playing.  Kind of giving me a New York fever.  I really want to see NY in the fall.

Well I'm off to class.  This was a nice moment of nostalgia and looking to good times ahead.  Love my family-- always thinking about them.  And now I'll walk away to class while listening to Don't go Breaking My Heart (Elton John version of course.  Not Anne freakin Hathaway).





No comments:

Post a Comment