Saturday, February 1, 2014

Thank you, Kathleen Kelly

And yet again Kathleen Kelly puts things back into perspective for me.

You know it's bad when you can't remember the last non-academic book you picked up, or when you last went on a leisurely walk for fun rather than for a work out.  I found myself wondering this and having horrible answers to both of these questions.  Why?  I'll tell you when: Blacklist, Sherlock, and Veronica Mars.  That is the sequential order in which I finished catching up on three T.V. shows, totally about 7 seasons worth of T.V. in all (is there something to be said about me in that they are all crime dramas?).

That's not good.  Nor is the fact that my good friend Kathleen Kelly, whom I always have on hand (thank you iTunes) has once again put me back in my place.  Here's the line folks.

So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around?

And that is what I find myself thinking now.  I need to get back out there!  Sure I'm swamped with school work and student government and callings, but that's no excuse to glue my ___ to the couch and drown my head in crime drama (by the way, I ordered a taser off of Amazon yesterday.  I think this is because Blacklist, Sherlock, and Veronica Mars are getting to me).

Don't worry, I'm not too attached to these things.  But I realize that these past two weeks they have kept me from experiencing my own adventures.  When I die, I don't want to look back and think about all of the episodes I got to watch of some character's fictitious life!  Not to say that T.V. isn't sometimes needed.  We all need a little unwinding every now and again (insert winky face here).

In order to get back in gear, I saw the Carl Bloch exhibit (again) which is always inspiring, and took my geography professor's advice and went outside.  So thank you Kathleen, for reminding me to get off of Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime.  I swear they are all the death of college students and their grades.


moral of my boring story

to get you thinking/moving

my favorite art piece at the exhibit.  Agony in the Garden by Frans Schwartz.

No comments:

Post a Comment